Learn How We Are Ensuring Your Health & Safety
Dear Smile Solutions Family,
We are excited to announce that Smile Solutions Orthodontics is opening to see patients on June 1st. We are implementing strict infection control protocols to keep everyone safe. In order to do so, we are going above and beyond the current recommendations of CDC and ADA.
We are taking the following safety protocols:
- Everyone including patients, staff, and doctors will be screened each day and at each appointment
- Clinical staff will be wearing KN95 masks, face shields, protective gowns, and headcovers
- HEPA air purifiers will be placed at several locations throughout the office
- Social distancing will be maintained and a limited number of patients will be allowed inside the office
- Sneeze guards will be installed at the front desk area to reduce direct contact
- Strict infection control protocols will be maintained above and beyond the current recommendations of CDC and ADA
- Rigorous cleaning and sanitizing of our workspace will be enforced
- A new CLASS-B autoclave machine (SCICAN Bravo) will be used to sterilize instruments. This type of sterilization equipment is not typically used at dental offices and is not required. However, we want to assure you that our sterilization standard will be much higher than what is required at typical dental offices
- Please brush your teeth BEFORE arriving at the office. The brushing station will remain closed. We will also ask you to rinse with Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide before being seated in the chair
- We are required to limit the number of people in the office at any given time. Anyone who is entering the office will be subject to the full check-in protocol
- All patients/ parents must complete 2 forms (health questionnaire and waiver form) BEFORE entering the office. The consent form will only need to be signed once. The health questionnaire has to be filled out at each appointment. This can be filled out online by visiting our website at wowbraces.com
- When you arrive at our office, please remain in your car and do not enter the office. When you arrive, text to us at any of our 3 phone numbers (all of our numbers can be texted). We will then text you back when you are allowed to enter. You will be required to wear a mask when entering the office. We encourage parents to wait in the car if at all possible. The waiting room will be partially closed off
- When you enter the office, health questions will be repeated and your temperatures will be taken using a touchless forehead scanner. If your temperature is over 100F, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment
- Once the appointment is finished, we will send you a text with progress updates and the next appointment date. If the given appointment is not convenient, you can text it back to schedule for another time
Please be patient and understand the following:
- Certain procedures (removing braces and repairing braces) will be postponed until further notice. These procedures produce aerosol using a dental handpiece, which can potentially contaminate the air. We want to make sure you are entering the space free of aerosol contaminants. As a result, you may not get your braces removed or repaired for the next several weeks or until we feel it’s safe to do so
- To accommodate your schedule, we are extending our hours every day and also opening at 2 locations at the same time. Drs. Epshteyn and Chung will be working separately at different locations. Even with our new extended hours, you may have a hard time getting an appointment right away. This is due to a current restriction on how many patients allowed to be seen
- Only scheduled patients will be seen at this point. No same-day walks ins will be allowed. Please be on time and arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment to have enough time for screening. If you are late for your appointment, you will be asked to reschedule
- We have virtual appointments available. You can text photos to any of our 3 office phone numbers. Virtual appointments can be especially useful for the following procedures: Invisalign checks, retainers checks, observation appointments, initial consultation for new patients, and expander checks
- Despite our careful attention to sterilization, disinfection, and use of personal barriers, there is still a chance that you could be exposed to an illness in our office, just as you might be at any other place
- Appointments at our Union office will not be currently available. Until further notice, we will not be seeing patients at our Union office. We feel it would be safer to see patients at our Millburn location given the office size and infection control system better equipped to comply with our new protocols. For patients previously being seen at our Union office, we ask you to be seen at Millburn location
- Please pay close attention to the location of your next appointment. We want to prevent the mistake of going to the wrong office location
- If you have any questions or need to contact us, the best way is to text to any of our 3 office numbers (rather than calling).
If you have any questions or need to contact us, the best way is to text to any of our 3 office numbers (rather than calling). We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and every patient, safe in our practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
Smile Solutions Orthodontics
As one of the premier orthodontic practices in Edison, Millburn & Union, NJ, our doctors and team at Smile Solutions Orthodontics also provide 5-star orthodontic care to patients from Metuchen, Woodbridge, South Orange, Maplewood, Kenilworth & Cranford, NJ, and surrounding areas.